Sister Patricia Miller, 1855-1931
Born August 14, 1855, Latrobe, Pennsylvania
Entered St. Walburg Monastery, November 26, 1874
First Profession January 7, 1883
Died December 8, 1931
Sr. Patricia Miller was born to John and Elizabeth Cypher Miller and given the name Mary at her baptism. Mary became a postulant at St. Walburg Monastery on November 26, 1874 and received the habit and her new name on September 8, 1875. She professed first vows on January 7, 1883 and final profession on February 25, 1886.
Sr. Patricia was an elementary teacher of grades one through three in the following schools staffed by Benedictines:
- St. Walburg Academy (26 years) 1875-82; 1902-22
- Church of the Resurrection, Paris, Kentucky1881-83
- Schools in Birmingham, Alabama 1883-1902
- St. Anthony Decoursey at that time) 1922-26
- Holy Guardian Angels 1926-28
- Holy Cross 1928-29
- St. Benedict 1929-30
- St. Joseph, Crescent Springs 1931
Sr. Patricia’s death occurred on December 8, 1931.